Reasons for wearing cotton clothes in summer are:
1. We always prefer to wear cotton clothes in summer mainly because it absorbs the excess sweat from our body. Moreover, the sweat from our body evaporates easily from the cotton material. The excess heat from the outside is spent in evaporating the sweat water. This in turn prevents the heat from reaching our body thereby keeping our body cool and fresh.
2. Clothes made from cotton are light and easy to wear. The light nature of cotton clothes makes heat escape easily through its pores and this will keep the body cool when we are wearing it.
3. By wearing cotton clothes, we can avoid our skin from fungi development.
4. The light colored cotton clothes reflect sunlight and prevent excess heat from entering inside our clothes.
5. Cotton clothes decrease the chance of allergic reaction and are perfect for those who have sensitive skin. Synthetic fabrics on the other hand cause rashes, many types of skin allergies and body odour as they tend to trap moisture.